HELP FOR SENIORS CITIZENS SELLING A HOME
Are you a senior citizen selling your home or a family member helping someone who is? This advice has been created to help and protect you, so you've come to the right place.
Senior citizens are a trusting generation and are the most at-risk of all demographics when it comes to choosing a real estate agent to manage the sale of their homes.
We have helped guide many seniors when downsizing for over a decade. Supporting and informing you about the whole real estate process step by step is something we can help you with.
Find out more about what we do - this is a genuine free service for NZ senior citizens and their families.
FINDING A REAL ESTATE AGENT WHO WILL PROTECT YOUR INTERESTS
Additional to making a decision about who trust to sell your home, there are numerous decisions to be made along the way such as:
- agreeing to the sale price range recommended
- what it will cost to sell your home
- choosing the right method of sale for your property type, value and location
- signing legal documentation such as an agency listing contract and then a sale and purchase contract
- clauses to be added and amendments made to contracts - often under pressure for time.
Relying solely on a real estate agent for advice can be a risk for any person when selling a home, but more so when of a senior age.
Undue pressure on Seniors by property agents to list their homes or sign legal documents without fully understanding the detail is a risk to avoid.
HELPING SENIORS SELL THEIR HOMES A RELIEF FOR MANY
We know what a huge upheaval selling a home is, often causing high stress levels, so we make the process easier, including:
- what to look for in a property appraisal to ensure accuracy of price range.
- objective vetting of real estate agents and companies to ensure you are well-supported and your interests are protected.
- a shortlist of real estate agents who have integrity and meet our stringent criteria and character requirements so you can have confidence in the advice and support they provide you.
- guidance on the whole real estate process so you know what to expect - no surprises.
- us being available to your lawyer or family members - we work collaboratively.
- our Agent Questionnaire which helps you or your family to ask key questions and get the answers you need to make properly informed decisions from the get-go.
It is relatively easy to become a licensed real estate agent in New Zealand so the levels of skill and competency vary a great deal - as does integrity.
What we know about this trusting generation is that they can and should lift their expectations of a real estate agent's capability, integrity, conduct, knowledge and quality of service.
WHY SENIORS ARE AT RISK WHEN SELLING THEIR HOMES
Reasons we have specialised in helping seniors for over a decade, at no cost, include:
1. They are a generation of trusting citizens needing to sell their homes in a digital, fast-changing and sometimes complex real estate environment.
2. Embarking on the real estate journey and finding the right property agent is something older senior citizens are often ill-prepared for, as many have never sold a house at all.
3. Many seniors are widowed and making real estate decisions alone. This makes them more reliant on the advice of a real estate agent they know little about.
5. The amount of legal documentation requiring signatures, amendments and detailed checking is greater than it has been in the past.
If you have little experience selling a house, call 0800 789 532 - we're Kiwis helping Kiwi elders.
WE'RE PART OF THE SENIOR CITIZEN COMMUNITY
We have enjoyed providing many presentations to Senior Citizens from Probus, Rotary, Widows and Widowers and numerous other groups and clubs over the years so we have a firm grasp on the issues senior citizens face when downsizing.
We also have many reviews from senior citizens who have used the Agent Finder NZ service. After selling her home in seven days for a fantastic price, Mrs Elliot of Auckland sent this message:
'I want to thank you very much for your help in finding the perfect agent, and for your kind concern with follow-up support messages. A great result as far as I am concerned and I could never recommend you highly enough for the wonderful service you provide.'
Agent Finder NZ is a free service and here to help. Contact us first
Agent Finder NZ Awards:
- Best Independent Real Estate Advisors 2022 | BUILD 2022 Real Estate & Property Awards
- Best Property Advice Hub New Zealand 2021 | APAC
- Most Reputable Property Advice Hub New Zealand for Wise Up NZ 2020 | APAC
- Best Real Estate Agent Vetting Service 2018 | APAC
Article updated November 30, 2022 by Trish Willis | Member of Property Institute of NZ (IPAC)