THE QUICKEST WAY TO SELL A HOUSE
October 2021 has had another surge in buyer enquiries quick to purchase and they continue to pay premium sale prices.
These steps when all combined, attract multiple offers and often record-breaking sale prices quickly.
Fear of missing out plays quite a role in this, especially when there is a shortage of houses to buy.
Getting the basics right sets the foundation for everything to fall into place.
SET YOURSELF UP TO SUCCEED
Having the right people and processes in place at the outset can:
- effect the sale price you can achieve
- prevent conditions and clauses that delay settlement and
- help sell in half the average timeframe for your area.
Step 1. CHOOSE YOUR REAL ESTATE AGENT OBJECTIVELY
For example, once a sale and purchase agreement is signed, the period between that date and the unconditional date is often the most demanding part of the process for a real estate agent.
Not all agents can manage this effectively when the going gets tough - which it often does.
If conditions are not met within the timeframe, the sale can get delayed or fall over.
Choosing a real estate agent objectively from a vetted shortlist who have met our stringent criteria can provide you with the assurance you need.
Our stringent vetting is of a standard similar to that of a recruitment agency and it's all provided free to sellers.
We have over a decade of experience and insights and know what to look for and what to avoid in a real estate agent - and what resources you'll need to get your house sold fast.
Request a shortlist of vetted, competent real estate agents to compare objectively.
Everything you need, all in one centralised hub
You may be a seasoned vendor or a first time one. Whatever help you need, we can provide it to you. For example:
- What to expect and what to avoid in real estate appraisals and marketing plans.
- Methods of sale options which will differ in effectiveness for locations, price ranges and property types.
- How much it costs to sell a house which includes tips for negotiating real estate fees and commission.
- Questions To Ask A Real Estate Agent to establish their suitability for you and your property type.
- Quick links to government and non-government resources pertaining to property tax, legal advice, title documents, building inspections and property valuations.
- Real estate guides on signing agency agreements, sale and purchase contracts and approving your marketing plan.
Having these resources centralised all in one place helps you make fully informed decisions quickly and diligently.
We cannot stress highly enough that the real estate agent you choose to sell your house will determine how quickly you can sell, the price you obtain and your overall experience.
We can provide all of Step 1 so you can focus on steps 2-4 below. Ask for help or call 0800 789 532.
Step 2. HAVE PROPERTY DOCUMENTS READY
A fast house sale means having important documents ready up-front to prevent time delays following buyer enquiries.
Doing so can prevent conditions and clauses being added to sale and purchase agreements which can slow sales down by weeks.
What documents to start collating if you can:
- All legal documents such as council property information, insurances, titles, easements, covenants, plans and maps.
- If you are selling a lifestyle block you may have water bores, survey plans, council development plans and shared entranceways.
- If selling an apartment, you will require minutes of meetings from bodies corporate or other management structures.
- Property valuations and building inspections up front can provide real estate agents with leverage when negotiating a sale price.
A property information pack with this type of information pre-empts buyer questions, satisfying their need for detail quickly when their interest is at its peak.
If you can't find everything you need, don't worry - we can direct you to the right sources.
Step 3. AGREE YOUR SALE PRICE RANGE
This applies for all properties, even if you choose a no price method of sale such as tender, auction, negotation.
The sale price range should be agreed between you and your agent prior to signing an agency agreement.
To get this right, a comparative market appraisal is conducted by your real estate agent which is primarily based on recent historical sales for similar properties in your location and applied to current market conditions.
But most people know that many agents will over-estimate a property's worth to gain your listing, then start reducing the price. This is why choosing a real estate agent objectively is so important.
Incorrectly valued properties have been proven to delay the speed of property sales. Many won't sell, and conflict between a vendor and their real estate agent is inevitable.
Want to know what houses have been selling for in your area? Just ask - we'll email it to you.
Step 4. REPAIRS & HOME STAGING HELP SELL FASTER
Home Staging combined with repairs and maintenance can help sell your house faster.
Having repairs and maintenance done prior to going live online can prevent the need for sale and purchase conditions and issues showing up in building inspections - these can create time delays or turn buyers off because another house was better.
With regard to home styling, real estate agents have consistently reported over the years that home staging a house with existing or hired furniture can add 10-15% onto a sale price.
Doing your own styling costs next to nothing and can make a significant impact on the quantity of online viewers - your potential buyers and how quickly your house might sell.
Many people tell us "I wish I'd found your service last time I sold a house", so make sure you get all the free help and advice you need from us.
To get started - request a shortlist of vetted real estate agents now.
Page updated November 12, 2021 | Trish Willis