THE PROCESS OF SELLING YOUR HOUSE
When embarking on the big job of selling your property, it really helps to be familiar with the process of selling a house.
THE PROCESS OF SELLING A HOUSE FLOW CHART
This flow chart is an easy way to see and understand the process of selling a house.
The free downloadable Get Info Pack on this website is a good place to get some great insights about:
- Preparing yourself to sell your house
- What helps to sell a house quickly and how you can influence this
- How to get the optimum sale price and how you can influence this
If you would like an independent advisor to guide you through the process, get in touch here. It's the stress-free option and a free service.
STEP BY STEP THROUGH THE PROCESS OF SELLING A HOUSE
Many people rush into the process of selling a house with minimum preparation. This can result in having a signed sale and purchase agreement fall over just when you think it's a done deal.
GET THE HOUSE READY TO SELL
1) Repairs and Maintenance - Make a list of any unfinished work, or repairs and maintenance, and get these jobs done so they don't get found by a buyer's property inspection. Inspections are often a condition of sale.
2) Improve or Remove - Stand at the doorway of every room in your house with a buyer in mind. What would you improve or remove? Enhance the best features and upstyle every room, because it's very effective, and costs you nothing other than time. Send us some images if that helps.
GET A REAL ESTATE AGENT & APPRAISALS
3) Find an Agent - Finding the right real estate agent for you and your particular property - to get the optimum real estate experience - is like finding a needle in a haystack. We can vet and short list competent agents who have proven to be right for you, your property type and location. You can review these, without pressure, before meeting them.
4) Interview Agents - Find out more about interviewing estate agents using our Agent Questionnaire. It will help you to compare apples with apples and make properly informed decisions.
5) Get an Appraisal - The agents will provide you with a property appraisal in writing. This is a legal requirement.
6) Compare Appraisals - You can then compare the appraisals that will include how they propose to achieve the best sale price for you, describe the different methods of sale, and include a marketing proposal to sell your house plus more.
7) Sign an Agency Agreement - Once you have decided on an agent, you can sign an Agency Agreement and the Commission Clause. The agreement is with the company, not the agent. Check the commission fees and the term of contract. Both are negotiable.
MARKETING YOUR PROPERTY
8) Marketing and Advertising - Your agent will provide you with an itemised marketing and advertising plan and all the costs associated with this. Any subsequent amendments to this should be agreed and signed by you. Make sure you discuss open homes or private viewings.
9) Photography - Once you have decluttered or up-styled and your house is ready to show buyers, the agent will organise a professional photographer for you. These images are what will attract potential buyers to come and view your house.
10) Website Content - Your agent will enter details, features and benefits of your house into each website agreed in your marketing plan. They must enter a sale price range into these websites so be clear about what this is.
11) Open Homes or Private Viewings - Discuss your preference with your chosen agent. These can be at agreed intervals.
12) Agent Communication - Your agent should provide you with regular updates and/or reports regarding inquiries received.
SOLD, AND MOVING ON
13) Getting a Sale - The agent will present buyers' offers to you on a Sale and Purchase Agreement.
14) Get Moving - Changing your address for all your utilities like phone, power, gas and any other Government services like Inland Revenue is now very streamlined and online. When you're ready, we can send you the link. It's very easy.
15) Buying Your Next Property - If you are buying another property, we can provide you with a guide and checklist. These are designed to protect you.
Get In Touch or call 0800 789 532 anytime
Other Popular Pages:
- How to sell your house fast
- How to compare real estate agents
- What others say about our free service